Nikon is popular because of the production of quality optical products including the Nikon Prostaff Laser Rangefinder. It uses the latest technological trends to improve the optical specifications, quality, and the design of the Rangefinder. Therefore, this product is among the few that can help you to achieve your hunting goals.
I understand there are other conventional Rangefinders in the market but this is the best because it is built with an ergonomic design to enhance your comfort. It also uses a multi-layer coated lens with 6X magnification power to bring subjects into a clear focus. You can range your target to 600 yards reality which makes it very useful. Therefore, I have provided a review to help you have an in-depth understanding of the functionalities of this product. So let’s get into it.
Nikon Prostaff 550 Laser Rangefinder Reviews
Nikon pro staff is one of the best Rangefinder that offers unmatched optical performance. This is the reason why it is used for hunting because it provides for 6-1000 yard measurement range. This allows the user to have a clear view of the target within this range. Additionally, you will also enjoy the quality monocular 6 X magnification. It ensures the target is brought to a clear focus to make it easy for you to take a shot.
Well, automatic measurement is very essential when it comes to hunting or shooting Rangefinder like Nikon Prostaff. It can take continuous measurements for up to four seconds. This is to ensure it gives precise measurements that will allow you to have a precise distance of your target. This is facilitated by Tru target mode that allows you to switch between distant Target and first target. Sometimes when you are hunting in woodlands you will find this feature useful.
Compact and durable
Sometimes you need a compact rangefinder to ensure it perfectly fits on your hand to make it convenient for use. It also makes it easier when it comes to portability because it won’t take much space thus allowing you to pack it and carry around all through your hunting expeditions.
Remember this rangefinder is built for hunting that is why there is an element of durability because most of the time you will be using it in the wild where it gets exposed to environmental factors such as fog and rain.
That is why it is made using high-quality materials which make it durable and water-resistant. The lenses are also protected using multi-coating later which is applied to the prism surfaces and the lenses. Most users have reported and appreciated it’s long-term use.
Tru -Target technology
Tru target technology has been fully used to help you have a perfect shot on your target. It can allow you to have a range of smaller objects that are closer to you and even the furthest target among the groups of the targets that are being measured. This functionality is very important in areas such as woodlands where your view can be obstructed. Therefore, you can still be able to have a precise measurement because of the Tru-target mode.
This rangefinder ensures that all users enjoy its capabilities without straining. That is why it is equipped with an eye relief of 16.7 mm which is ideal for those users who wear eyeglasses. This is an important functionality that we can’t afford to ignore because it makes it a user-friendly rangefinder. Additionally, the adjustable diopter also contributes to the clarity and comfort of using it for a more fulfilling experience.
Most Rangefinders are limited by the incline and the decline which makes it hard for the user to have a perfect shot. However, that is not the case when it comes to Nikon ProStaff Rangefinder because it effectively utilizes the ID technology which ensures you have a perfect shot by taking into account the incline and the decline of the terrain. This makes it appropriate for hunting in uneven terrain because you will still meet your objective of getting a perfect view for shooting.
Batteries are some of the most integral parts of the rangefinder because it determines the runtime. Therefore, Nikon Prostaff 550 Rangefinder is equipped with the best batteries that can be used for long without running out of power. This saves you the time for recharging frequently because when you are hinting you would want to focus all your attention to the target.
- It is easy to cleaning because it comes with a lumintrail cloth which makes the cleaning process effective and easy.
- It comes with 3 CR2 batteries to enhance its overall performance and convince which makes it an ideal rangefinder to be used for hunting.
- It is small and has a compact design which makes it portable.
- It offers a high magnification power of 6x to help you in spotting the exact range for your target.
- It uses ID technology which helps in incline and decline.
- It uses Tru target priority modes and which allows for taking measurements of the priority targets even the furthest on the scope.
- It is affordable
- It is a high-quality product
- It is durable which makes it to withstand harsh environmental factors.
- It is small and easy to use
- Its display is easy to read because the characters are displayed in bold
- It is accurate since it uses a high magnification power to give a clear view of the target.
- It comes with lots of accessories which include lumintrail cleaning cloth,3 viridian CR2 batteries, factory-installed CR2 battery, lanyard, and packing case.
- It is comfortable and offers an exciting user experience.
- It gives poor tracking
After reading Nikon Prostaff 550 Laser Rangefinder review I am convinced that you know what to expect before purchasing this product. I can guarantee that its one of the quality products that you can find in the market because it is built to meet your needs. Additionally, it is certified and that is why I usually recommend that you purchase from trusted manufacturers who complex with manufacturer policies and warranty terms. If you experience any challenge you can always contact the technical support.
Finally, you are required to maintain your rangefinder so that you can enjoy its ultimate performance. Store it in its case to prevent any mechanical damage among other external factors that can compromise with the rangefinder.
- Hunting Laser Rangefinder: The Prostaff 1000 provides 6-1000 yard measurement range with a 6x high quality monocular
- Automatic Measurement: Continuous measurement for up to four seconds with Tru Target that allows you to switch between first target and distant target
- Compact and Durable: Water Resistant design with multilayer coating applied to all lens and prism surfaces
- Tru-Target Technology: First target priority mode allows you to range an object as small as a fence post while distant target priority mode displays the range of the farthest target among a group of targets measured
- What You Get: Complete rangefinder packaged with case, lanyard, CR2 battery (factory installed), 3 extra Viridian CR2 batteries, and a Lumintrail Cleaning Cloth