Rifle hunting is another popular sports around the world, many people would like to have the opportunity on hunting with rifle. For some of rifle, it helps measure distance but is not so precise as a rangefinder. Therefore, if you do want to enjoy the fun time on hunting, you can get a best rangefinder for rifle hunting specifically.
In order to save your time on choosing among so many different brands and types, here we picked up several best rangefinders for rifle hunting and made a detailed reviews and buying guides for you as follow:
Best Rangefinder For Rifle Hunting
This laser rangefinder is a multipurpose type that can be used for both archery and rifle hunting. Its built-in inclinometer system provide you with ARC, which refers to angle compensation. There are two modes you can choose, one is bow mode, while the other is rifle mode. It features a lot on offering bullet-drop/holdover in inches. But it is just an estimation that you can get reference from.
- 6x magnification gives you natural and clear view on your hunting prey or other targets.
- E.S.P. technology improves the speed and precision on getting distance measurement on objects.
- Magnetic attachment case minimizes noise in case of frighting animals when take it out from case.
- Water proof and fog proof design enable it to be used in nearly all weather conditions.
- Brush mode enables you to range objects around bushes and trees.
- Scan mode offers continuous updated distance measurement in a few seconds.
- Easy to operate
- Multiple purpose
- Compact, light and easy to hold
- Good optics
- Distance displays soon after pressing button
- ARC features pretty well
- Black display makes it hard to see clearly in dark light
- Hard to get readings on objects 300 yards away
This laser is regarded as a highly cost effective rangefinder on the market, the reason we put it the second recommended best rangefinder for rifle hunting is for its long distance range. It measures up to 1200 yards. It is equipped with advanced HyperScan technology, it offers 4 measurements in a few seconds so as to provide you with the most precise and accurate distance. What’s more, it has angle modified technology, it helps to offer incline/decline angle and modifies ballistic shooting range to the target.
- 4x monocular offers full field of sight on outdoor hunting.
- SpectraCoat anti-reflection coatings minimizes the loss of light as much as possible and gives wonderful optical clarity in using.
- Compact and light weight shape makes it simple to take along with you in outdoor hunting or shooting.
- Sleek design with rubber armor makes it feel comfortable in hand.
- Simple two button design eases you way on using it with single one hand.
- Gets range pretty quickly
- Very good for the price point and very functional
- measures both angle-adjusted & line-of-sight measurements
- 2 button only
- Fast and accurate
- Do not feel cheap in hand
- Long battery life
- Light weight
- Black display
- Not waterproof
This laser rangefinder is quite the same as Bushnell Scout DX type we recommended before, but is more functional and provides better using experience than that. It is also perfect for rifle hunting use. Rifle mode allows for programming caliber, so that you can get estimate holdover and turret adjustment for scope. On ranging distance, it ranges up to 1300 yards.
- 6x magnification gives best magnifying effect and you can get clear sight on the target.
- Bow mode enables you to use for bow hunting by providing you with the highest point of travel of arrow.
- Angle compensation system offers accurate slope distance based on degree of slope.
- Red vivid light makes it possible to use in dim light conditions.
- Compact shape and simple design make it super easy to operate even with single one hand.
- Easy to adjust the mode
- Good accuracy
- Pretty fast on getting distance
- Controls are easy to operate when wearing gloves
Red display makes it hard to read in too bright light
This laser rangefinder is designed into horizontal type, in rifle hunting, you can combine it together with your rifle. What makes it a perfect choice on rifle hunting is wireless control. You can connect it with your smart phone through app and load up to three Custom Ballistic curves. Through it, you can get precise distance measurement on your phone. It has also Arc rifle mode to provide you with bullet-drop/holdover.
- Long ranging distance, measuring up to 1760 yards with 1/10 yard display precision, can be used for long distance hunting perfectly.
- Wind data is inserted to measure wind meter.
- Waterproof housing with fully-multi coated optics offer you clear sight and can be used in complicated weather conditions.
- 7x high magnification enables you to get clear and natural views on your prey.
- Scan mode offers you chance on getting continuous updated measurement.
- Magnetic attachment system reduces the noise in taking it out from case.
- Instant results display
- Rubber armor is nice
- Optics are good and has good eye reliefs
- LCD display is readable and clear
- Perfect one if you need to lase 1500 yards or less
- Good quality glass inserted
- Special horizontal shape
- When connect with phone, it sometimes stay disconnected
- The case is pretty tight, hard to get it out with glove
This laser rangefinder has built-in inclinometer with TBR (True Ballistic Range), it calculates the ballistic range to your target, so that you can use it as holdover aim point. It also ranges quite long, maximum distance of it reaches 1200 yards.
- 6x magnification gives you chance on getting clear and natural view on the target.
- Red vivid light enables it to be used in dim light.
- Advanced Digitally Enhanced Accuracy system improves accuracy and speed on getting measured distanced.
- OLED technology enables you to adjust light conditions by matching display intensity.
- Either meter or yard display.
- Very accurate, only 1/2 yards variations
- Ranging information is easy to see and sort out
- Perfect for archery
- Solid, easy to setup
You need to hold it steady for getting long distance readings.
This laser rangefinder, like all the other above types, is able to give ballistic calculations for bow and rifle hunting, and then display it as a holdover aim point. For uphill and downhill games, it shows angle compensation according to degree of slope. It gives accurate and quick distance reading, but is not suitable for moving objects using.
- To give better magnifying effects, it has 6x monocular to help get clear sights on your targets in rifle hunting.
- Durable aluminum housing covered with rubber armor makes you feel comfortable in hand and provides a positive grasp.
- Fully multi-coated lens minimizes loss of light and ensures brightness for clarity at its most.
- Maximum range of it reaches up to 850 yards, meeting your demand on rifle hunting and bow hunting in short distance.
- Total water proof and fog proof design enables it to be used in all complicated weather conditions.
- CR2 lithium camera battery reduces the trouble of buying batteries in specific shops.
- Angle adjustment features and ballistics calculations for bow and rifle hunting
- Small, light weight and easy handle
- Glass is bright and clear
- Multi purpose use
- Quick and accurate distant
- Accurate and durable
- Not perfect for moving objects
- Display is quite dim that it can not be read in moderate daylight
This laser rangefinder is shrouded with camo covering, it perfectly blends into the background and is helpful in hunting animals with rifle. If you intend to use it for long distance hunting, this can be a perfect choice because of its long measure distance, which reaches as far as 1200 yards. True ballistic range system is equipped to make your hunting life easier. What’s more, it provides you with shooting angle.
- Aluminum high quality coating gives long service life.
- 6x large monocular displays clear views on your targets far away.
- Fully multi-coated lens guarantee maximum brightness on display and shows natural clear views.
- Wind features take wind effects into consideration, but is just an estimation.
- Compact shape enables you to take it along with you anywhere you go.
- Simple two buttons design, with mode and range buttons only.
- Red color read out
- Accurate, easy to use
- Perfect for long distant ranging
Have wind feature but is not useful
It is a multi-purpose laser rangefinder, used widely for gun hunting, bow hunting and target shooting. What makes it a good choice on laser rangefinder for rifle hunting is for its durable modes. Distant target priority mode and first target priority mode enables you to measure both small objects and overlapping objects around bushes and trees.
- It is pretty small on size, even as small as smart phone, and weights only 4.4 ounces, so that you can hold it perfectly in hands. But needs to hold it steady in measuring distance.
- 6x magnifications offers clear and wonderful sights on targets.
- High quality optics are designed super clear in displaying distance reading.
- Simple button design along with its ergonomic shape enables you to get measurement with single one hand.
- Scan mode is able to offer 20 seconds continuous distance measure.
- Compact shape
- Long eye relief gives full field of view with glasses on
- Single button design
- Entry level type
- Brilliant optics
- Much more efficient in power consumption
- 8 seconds auto shutoff system
- Not perfect for golf use
- Need to hold steady in measuring distance for its ultimate compact shape
Maximum distance it measures reach 650 yards, all its performances determine it to be a perfect choice on hunting rangefinder, whether for rifle hunting, bow hunting or for target shooting. Equipped with Nikon’s Incline/decline technology, this laser rangefinder is able to give horizontal distance and shooting angles to an incredible +/- 89 degrees. By pressing down the range button, it shows accurate distance in just few seconds.
- Tru-Target technology, which includes first target priority mode and second target priority mode, enables you measure distance on both small objects and overlapping targets.
- Compact shape with ergonomic shape design feel comfortable in hand.
- Large ocular lens reduces loss of light and promises best brightness on display.
- Simple button design makes it easy to operate with single one hand.
- High quality optics
- Easy to use
- Provide fast and efficient feedback
Take some time to steady hold the pin
The last laser rangefinder we would like to recommend on best rangefinder for rifle hunting is for its brilliant performance on wild life activity. Covered with rubber armor, you can hold it steady even with wet hand. It shows accurate distance in just a few seconds, which is pretty helpful in outdoor hunting. Maximum distance range of it reaches up to 540 yards, thus it is perfect for short distance use.
- Scan mode gives continuous updated distance reading.
- Multi-layered optics reduce loss of light and promise the best lightness on distance display.
- Durable and water resistance design enables long service life.
- With light weight and portable shape, you can take it anywhere you want.
- CR2 battery can be easily bought anywhere.
- Pretty accurate
- Perfect worth its price
- Super fast distance readout
- Light weight and portable
- Ultra-clear optics
- Durable and water resistant
- Black display makes it hard to read in dim light
- Entry level type
Buying Guides On Best Rangefinder For Rifle Hunting
Getting a inferior laser rangefinder means you need to go deeper into your pocket on buying a brand new one again, for a bad quality type is quite useless in getting accurate measurement, it turns into a half binocular only. Therefore, choosing a best rangefinder for rifle hunting is an important thing. So how to choose the best one? What factors should be taken into consideration before buying? Here we offer you a detailed buying guides on selecting best rangefinder for rifle hunting.
What’s the aim of using rangefinder? Of course it is used for getting accurate measurement, therefore, accuracy has been the primary and the most important factor on determining whether the rangefinder is good or not.
2. Ease of use
In rifle hunting, your preys are moving all the time, thus the best time on hunting is pretty precious. If you take a rangefinder with complicated design, you will spend lots of time on changing modes, which is really not helpful on hunting. We would recommend you with simple type if you are entry level players and intend to get measurement only. Functional type offers different kinds of readings, which is quite puzzle for beginners.
Normally in hunting, the perfect magnification is 4x, it shows full field of sight and is quite useful on helping you get familiar with whole surroundings in hunting. Large monocular is able to get clear sights on your target, but is easily stuck with limited field of view, so it is perfect for golf use.
For most best rifle hunting rangefinders listed on our review, they are capable of providing you with shooting angles as holdover points, which are in great need on rifle hunting.
|Best high end type||Bushnell Hunting Series Elite 1 Laser Rangefinders|
|Best mid level type||Bushnell Scout DX 1000 ARC 6 x 21mm Laser Rangefinder|
|Best entry level type||SIG Sauer Kilo850 4x20mm Laser Rangefinder|