Rifle hunting is another popular sport around the world, many people would like to have the opportunity of hunting with a rifle. For some of rifle, it helps measure distance but is not so precise as a rangefinder. Therefore, if you do want to enjoy the fun time on hunting, you can get the best rangefinder for rifle hunting specifically.
In order to save your time on choosing among so many different brands and types, here we picked up several best rangefinders for rifle hunting and made a detailed review and buying guides for you as follow:
The 10 Best Rangefinder For Rifle Hunting Comparison Chart
|Bushnell Scout DX 1000 ARC 6 x 21mm Laser Rangefinder||Buy On Amazon.com|
|SIG Sauer Kilo850 4x20mm Laser Rangefinder||Buy On Amazon.com|
|Bushnell Hunting Laser Rangefinders||Buy On Amazon.com|
|Bushnell Elite Rangefinder||Buy On Amazon.com|
|Leupold RX-1200i TBR/W with DNA Digital Laser Rangefinder||Buy On Amazon.com|
|Leupold RX-850i TBR with DNA Digital Laser Rangefinder||Buy On Amazon.com|
|Leupold RX-1200i TBR/W with DNA Laser Rangefinder||Buy On Amazon.com|
|Nikon 8397 ACULON AL11 Laser Rangefinder||Buy On Amazon.com|
|Nikon (16229) Prostaff 3I Rifle Range Finder||Buy On Amazon.com|
|TecTecTec ProWild 2 Hunting Rangefinder||Buy On Amazon.com|
Best Rangefinder For Rifle Hunting Reviews
1. Bushnell Scout DX 1000 ARC 6 x 21mm Laser Rangefinder
This laser rangefinder is a multipurpose type that can be used for both archery and rifle hunting. Its built-in inclinometer system provides you with ARC, which refers to angle compensation. There are two modes you can choose, one is bow mode, while the other is rifle mode. It features a lot on offering bullet-drop/holdover in inches. But it is just an estimation that you can get the reference from.
- 6x magnification gives you a natural and clear view of your hunting prey or other targets.
- E.S.P. technology improves the speed and precision of getting distance measurements on objects.
- Magnetic attachment case minimizes the noise in the case of frighting animals when taking it out from case.
- Waterproof and fog-proof design enables it to be used in nearly all weather conditions.
- Brush mode enables you to range objects around bushes and trees.
- Scan mode offers continuously updated distance measurement in a few seconds.
- Easy to operate
- Multiple purposes
- Compact, light and easy to hold
- Good optics
- Distance displays soon after pressing button
- ARC features pretty well
- The black display makes it hard to see clearly in dark light
- Hard to get readings on objects 300 yards away
2. SIG Sauer Kilo850 4x20mm Laser Rangefinder
This laser is regarded as a highly cost-effective rangefinder on the market, the reason we put it the second recommended the best rangefinder for rifle hunting is for its long-distance range. It measures up to 1200 yards. It is equipped with advanced HyperScan technology, it offers 4 measurements in a few seconds so as to provide you with the most precise and accurate distance. What’s more, it has angle modified technology, it helps to offer an incline/decline angle and modifies ballistic shooting range to the target.
- 4x monocular offers a full field of sight on outdoor hunting.
- SpectraCoat anti-reflection coatings minimize the loss of light as much as possible and give wonderful optical clarity in using.
- The compact and lightweight shape makes it simple to take along with you in outdoor hunting or shooting.
- Sleek design with rubber armor makes it feel comfortable in hand.
- Simple two button design eases you way on using it with single one hand.
- Gets range pretty quickly
- Very good for the price point and very functional
- measures both angle-adjusted & line-of-sight measurements
- 2 button only
- Fast and accurate
- Do not feel cheap in hand
- Long battery life
- Light weight
- Black display
- Not waterproof
3. Bushnell G-Force DX ARC 6 x 21mm Laser Rangefinder
This laser rangefinder is quite the same as Bushnell Scout DX type we recommended before, but is more functional and provides better using experience than that. It is also perfect for rifle hunting use. Rifle mode allows for programming caliber, so that you can get estimate holdover and turret adjustment for scope. On ranging distance, it ranges up to 1300 yards.
- 6x magnification gives the best magnifying effect and you can get a clear sight on the target.
- Bow mode enables you to use for bow hunting by providing you with the highest point of travel of arrow.
- The angle compensation system offers accurate slope distance based on the degree of slope.
- Red vivid light makes it possible to use in dim light conditions.
- Compact shape and simple design make it super easy to operate even with single one hand.
- Easy to adjust the mode
- Good accuracy
- Pretty fast on getting distance
- Controls are easy to operate when wearing gloves
Red display makes it hard to read in too bright light
4. Bushnell Hunting Series Elite 1 Laser Rangefinders
This laser rangefinder is designed into horizontal type, in rifle hunting, you can combine it together with your rifle. What makes it a perfect choice on rifle hunting is wireless control. You can connect it with your smart phone through app and load up to three Custom Ballistic curves. Through it, you can get precise distance measurement on your phone. It has also Arc rifle mode to provide you with bullet-drop/holdover.
- Long ranging distance, measuring up to 1760 yards with 1/10 yard display precision, can be used for long-distance hunting perfectly.
- Wind data is inserted to measure wind meter.
- Waterproof housing with fully-multi coated optics offer you clear sight and can be used in complicated weather conditions.
- 7x high magnification enables you to get clear and natural views on your prey.
- Scan mode offers you a chance on getting a continuous updated measurement.
- Magnetic attachment system reduces the noise in taking it out from case.
- Instant results display
- Rubber armor is nice
- Optics are good and has good eye reliefs
- LCD display is readable and clear
- Perfect one if you need to lase 1500 yards or less
- Good quality glass inserted
- Special horizontal shape
- When connect with phone, it sometimes stay disconnected
- The case is pretty tight, hard to get it out with glove
5. Leupold RX-1200i TBR/W with DNA Digital Laser Rangefinder
This laser rangefinder has built-in inclinometer with TBR (True Ballistic Range), it calculates the ballistic range to your target, so that you can use it as holdover aim point. It also ranges quite long, maximum distance of it reaches 1200 yards.
- 6x magnification gives you a chance on getting a clear and natural view on the target.
- Red vivid light enables it to be used in dim light.
- Advanced Digitally Enhanced Accuracy system improves accuracy and speed on getting the measured distance.
- OLED technology enables you to adjust light conditions by matching display intensity.
- Either meter or yard display.
- Very accurate, only 1/2 yards variations
- Ranging information is easy to see and sort out
- Perfect for archery
- Solid, easy to setup
You need to hold it steady for getting long distance readings.
6. Leupold RX-850i TBR with DNA Digital Laser Rangefinder
This laser rangefinder, like all the other above types, is able to give ballistic calculations for bow and rifle hunting, and then display it as a holdover aim point. For uphill and downhill games, it shows angle compensation according to degree of slope. It gives accurate and quick distance reading, but is not suitable for moving objects using.
- To give better magnifying effects, it has 6x monocular to help get clear sights on your targets in rifle hunting.
- Durable aluminum housing covered with rubber armor makes you feel comfortable in hand and provides a positive grasp.
- A fully multi-coated lens minimizes loss of light and ensures brightness for clarity at its most.
- The maximum range of it reaches up to 850 yards, meeting your demand on rifle hunting and bow hunting in short distance.
- Total waterproof and fog proof design enables it to be used in all complicated weather conditions.
- CR2 lithium camera battery reduces the trouble of buying batteries in specific shops.
- Angle adjustment features and ballistics calculations for bow and rifle hunting
- Small, lightweight and easy handle
- Glass is bright and clear
- Multi-purpose use
- Quick and accurate distant
- Accurate and durable
- Not perfect for moving objects
- The display is quite dim that it can not be read in moderate daylight
7. Leupold RX-1200i Tbr Rangefinder
This laser rangefinder is shrouded with camo covering, it perfectly blends into the background and is helpful in hunting animals with a rifle. If you intend to use it for long-distance hunting, this can be a perfect choice because of its long measure distance, which reaches as far as 1200 yards. The true ballistic range system is equipped to make your hunting life easier. What’s more, it provides you with a shooting angle.
- The aluminum high-quality coating gives a long service life.
- 6x large monocular displays clear views on your targets far away.
- A fully multi-coated lens guarantee maximum brightness on display and shows natural clear views.
- Wind features take wind effects into consideration but are just an estimation.
- The compact shape enables you to take it along with you anywhere you go.
- Simple two buttons design, with mode and range buttons only.
- Red color read out
- Accurate, easy to use
- Perfect for long distant ranging
Have wind feature but is not useful
8. Nikon 8397 ACULON AL11 Laser Rangefinder
It is a multi-purpose Aculon laser rangefinder, used widely for gun hunting, bow hunting and target shooting. What makes it a good choice on laser rangefinder for rifle hunting is for its durable modes. Distant target priority mode and first target priority mode enables you to measure both small objects and overlapping objects around bushes and trees.
- It is pretty small in size, even as small as a smartphone, and weighs only 4.4 ounces so that you can hold it perfectly in hands. But needs to hold it steady in measuring distance.
- 6x magnifications offer clear and wonderful sights on targets.
- High-quality optics are designed super clear in displaying distance reading.
- Simple button design along with its ergonomic shape enables you to get a measurement with a single one hand.
- Scan mode is able to offer 20 seconds continuous distance measure.
- Compact shape
- Long eye relief gives full field of view with glasses on
- Single button design
- Entry level type
- Brilliant optics
- Much more efficient in power consumption
- 8 seconds auto shutoff system
- Not perfect for golf use
- Need to hold steady in measuring distance for its ultimate compact shape
9. Nikon (16229) Prostaff 3I Rifle Range Finder
Maximum distance it measures reach 650 yards, all its performances determine it to be a perfect choice on hunting rangefinder, whether for rifle hunting, bow hunting or for target shooting. Equipped with Nikon’s Incline/decline technology, this laser rangefinder is able to give horizontal distance and shooting angles to an incredible +/- 89 degrees. By pressing down the range button, it shows accurate distance in just few seconds.
- Tru-Target technology, which includes first target priority mode and second target priority mode, enables you to measure distance on both small objects and overlapping targets.
- Compact shape with ergonomic shape design feels comfortable in hand.
- Large ocular lens reduces the loss of light and promises the best brightness on display.
- Simple button design makes it easy to operate with single one hand.
- High quality optics
- Easy to use
- Provide fast and efficient feedback
Take some time to steady hold the pin
10. TecTecTec ProWild 2 Hunting Rangefinder
The last laser rangefinder we would like to recommend on best rangefinder for rifle hunting is for its brilliant performance on wild life activity. Covered with rubber armor, you can hold it steady even with wet hand. It shows accurate distance in just a few seconds, which is pretty helpful in outdoor hunting. Maximum distance range of it reaches up to 540 yards, thus it is perfect for short distance use.
- Scan mode gives continuously updated distance reading.
- Multi-layered optics reduce the loss of light and promise the best lightness on distance display.
- Durable and water resistance design enables a long service life.
- With a lightweight and portable shape, you can take it anywhere you want.
- CR2 batteries can be easily bought anywhere.
- Pretty accurate
- Perfect worth its price
- Superfast distance readout
- Lightweight and portable
- Ultra-clear optics
- Durable and water-resistant
- The black display makes it hard to read in dim light
- Entry-level type
Why Rangefinders Are Useful For Rifle?
Rifle hunting is normally long-distance hunting, which means you need to measure the distance far away, sometimes can be as far as 1000 or even 1500 yards. Through that distance, getting the yardage with the pure eye is not enough. You will need a professional yardage device, such as rangefinder, to measure the exact distance to your objects.
Equipped with glass lenses, it captures the entire panorama far away and feedbacks clear vision to your target. Some also adopt ballistic calculations as a helper in getting the right spot for a perfect shot, which also helpful for the bow and archery use.
Anyway, a rangefinder is a must-have device that substitutes the GPS devices to some extent in wild hunting. Be sure to get the precise and accurate one based on your own demands.
Buying Guides on Best Rangefinder For Rifle Hunting
Getting an inferior laser rangefinder means you need to go deeper into your pocket on buying a brand new one again, for a bad quality type is quite useless in getting an accurate measurement, it turns into a half binocular only. Therefore, choosing the best rangefinder for rifle hunting is an important thing. So how to choose the best one? What factors should be taken into consideration before buying? Here we offer you a detailed buying guide on selecting the best rangefinder for rifle hunting.
What’s the aim of using rangefinder? Of course, it is used for getting an accurate measurement, therefore, accuracy has been the primary and the most important factor in determining whether the rangefinder is good or not.
2. Ease of use
In rifle hunting, your preys are moving all the time, thus the best time on hunting is pretty precious. If you take a rangefinder with complicated design, you will spend lots of time on changing modes, which is really not helpful for hunting. We would recommend you with a simple type if you are entry-level players and intend to get a measurement only. The functional type offers different kinds of readings, which is quite puzzling for beginners.
Normally in hunting, the perfect magnification is 4x, it shows the full field of sight and is quite useful in helping you get familiar with whole surroundings in hunting. Large monocular is able to get clear sights on your target but is easily stuck with a limited field of view, so it is perfect for golf use.
For best rifle hunting rangefinders listed on our review, they are capable of providing you with shooting angles as holdover points, which are in great need of rifle hunting.
Accurate distance measurement requires a good range, and remember, there is no common range that suits every usage. For golf and archery use, the objects are basically as near as 500 yards, which means a short-range rangefinder is able to offer precise distance readout. While the maximum range of rifle hunting reaches up to 1000 yards or 1500 yards, the normal golf range finder is no longer helpful in searching for the objects.
Therefore, getting a suitable range with your demands determines your user experience.
6. Compact and lightweight
No matter what kinds of outdoor activities, lightweight and compact devices are always required, for no one would like to carry a heavy machine around. Since all the laser rangefinders on the market are designed to be compact and easy to pack, it becomes important whether they can be held tight in hand.
Outdoor weather is nothing like indoor, there are fog, strong wind and heavy rain, and you can never promise the hunting days can be sunny all day long. Therefore, those designed with a rubber grip is a perfect choice. It prevents the machine from dropping with the wet hand. Besides, getting the one with water resistance and fog resistance is also necessary.
|Best high-end type||Bushnell Hunting Series Elite 1 Laser Rangefinders|
|Best mid-level type||Bushnell Scout DX 1000 ARC 6 x 21mm Laser Rangefinder|
|Best entry-level type||SIG Sauer Kilo850 4x20mm Laser Rangefinder|
If you want to get more information on the best rangefinder for rifle hunting or want to know the updated price list, please feel free to contact us or check freely on Amazon.