If you are in the market looking for the perfect rangefinder, you may be wondering how much it costs. With so many options available, it can be confusing to decide on the best one for you. You need one that gives you value for money while fulfilling whatever needs you to have for it. It pays to know the cost and what you need to put into consideration when buying.
Since the main purpose of a rangefinder is to help with accuracy, this should be the most critical factor to have in mind.
How Much Does a Range Finder Cost?
The cost of a rangefinder will vary depending on its application and the quality you choose. For instance, you will find that military-grade rangefinders have specs that may push up their price point. Such features include a greater need for accuracy and the ability to cover a wide range. The cost may, therefore, run from hundreds into thousands of dollars. Golf or hunting rangefinders that are more accessible to individuals are more affordable.
We have made several reviews on different prices of rangefinders based on their usages, check if you need:
Golf Rangefinder Costs:
Under $100 Under $150 Under $200 Under $300
Hunting Rangefinder Costs:
Under $100 Under $150 Under $200 Under $300
Some of the Factors That Will Impact on the Price Include:
• Intended Use
Before you go out shopping for a rangefinder, it is important that you are clear about what you will use it for. Not only does it help you choose the right one, but you better focus on the type. You will find those that are specific to golfing, hunting, or surveying. If you want to use it for multiple purposes, look for those that incorporate all the features you will need.
Rangefinder For Hunting:
- 【ACCURATE HUNTING RANGE FINDER】：Adopting the latest Al technology, supports bow and range two modes, dust proof, fog proof, waterproof for all hunting enthusiasts.
- 【BOW AND HUNTING MODE】：Shows angle and horizontal distance when showing straight-line distance.
- 【HIGH PRECISION RANGEFINDER】：Upgrade pinsensor technology. Accuracy with±1 yard in 5~300Y, larger than 300 yards is +/-1 yards. Measurement up to 1200 yards. 6x magnification. Sizes is 121x 72 x 43 mm and weight is 180g.
- 【COMPLETE RANGE FINDER】：Including carrying pouch, CR2 battery, high-grade portable rope, carabiner, cleaning cloth and manual.
- 【SAFETY SHOPPING EXPERIENCE】：AOFAR factory direct selling with TWO year VIP and lifetime customer support. It's Important to Share Your Shopping Experience. Engineers will Develop What You Like.
Rangefinder For Golfing:
- Pin Seeker with JOLT Technology
- Accurate to 1 yard
- Ranges 5-1, 000 yards; 400+ yards to a flag
- 5x magnification
- Fast focus system. No slope feature
- Included Components: Rangefinder
- Class 1 laser with less than 0.5 mW average power output
• The Brand
You should shop for your rangefinder like any other shopping. There are those brands that have been in the market for a very long time and enjoy a solid market reputation. They probably have high-quality rangefinders that have tons of features that will be beneficial to anyone who is using them. You will most probably find that such products may come in at a slightly higher price point.
Think about it much as you would buy a pair of shoes. Some brands will command a higher price point, even though you will find similar products in the market. A high price tag does not necessarily mean it is the best product to the market. Some brands full price the products according to their reputation and not necessarily features or quality.
Some rangefinders have very basic features, while others incorporate the latest technology. For example, the latter may have sensors, mode, angle compensation, and screens, to name a few. The more the features, the greater the accuracy and the more efficient they will be. You, however, have to pay for the technology, so expect to pay a little bit more research. Older models may only have the ability to measure distance and nothing more. They will, therefore, be slightly cheaper than the newer models.
• Quality of material
When you’re purchasing a rangefinder, focus on durability and long-term usage. That is why those who have some experience with using rangefinders gravitate towards reliable, trusted brands. The attention to detail, quality of material, and the functionality is top range.
• Quality of the Optics
Consider every time you go shopping for your glasses or camera lenses. You obviously pay a lot of attention to the quality of the lenses. If the optical quality is not good, you will compromise the performance negatively. You have three options with regards to rangefinders:
- Laser rangefinders use a laser beam to measure the distance to the object
- Optical rangefinders employ the use of mechanical and optical principles to measure the distance. You will need multiple lenses and images to get an accurate location.
- The infrared rangefinder uses an infrared beam to triangulate. it detects the reflected beam angle to calculate the distance.
- Each of the above comes in at a different price point, and that is why you need to know exactly what you need.
Putting a specific price point on a range finder may not be possible. As we have highlighted above, many considerations go into pricing. Such include how popular the brand is, Market reputation, quality, features, and the use you intend for the rangefinder. It is important that you take the time to do your research so that you get the right products for you.