Sometimes, all you need is a sense of convenience when hunting or even carrying out surveillance tasks. In the wake of advanced technology, something relatively more portable could be helpful. But have you ever asked yourself whether using your phone could come in handy at some point? This question is not only common but also worth pondering.
That you can use your phone as a rangefinder is not a secret anymore. It assures you of multiple benefits that you will hardly want to resist. Perhaps we should explore these benefits later on.
Best Worth Buying Laser Rangefinder Recommend
- The Impact 1000 features an intuitive platform with angle compensation; perfect for bowhunters and range-day lovers. Range targets down to five yards out, with the ability to stretch out to 1,000 yards if need be.
- The primary HCD mode displays an angle compensated distance that is ideal for the majority of hunters and shooters. An advanced LOS mode provides the option to calculate long distance, high angle shots with increased precision.
- A scan feature gives continuous range readings to pan across a landscape or track a moving target. All modes can be set to read in yards or meters.
- The diopter located on the eyepiece adjusts for differences in a user's eyes. Added 6x magnification brings targets in for a closer look and more accurate ranging.
- Fully multi-coated optics enhance light transmission in low light settings. Waterproof and shockproof performance keep you in the hunt no matter what the conditions.
- Backed by our unlimited, unconditional, lifetime, VIP Warranty. A fully transferable promise to repair or replace your item if it becomes damaged/defective. Does not cover loss, theft, deliberate damage or cosmetic damage that doesn't hinder performance.
Usually, you will need to download specific rangefinder apps on your smartphone. Whether the phone operates on iOS or Android, you will be sure of accessing some of the best apps. These apps work differently. Here are a few apps that you could use in this pursuit.
Rangefinder Apps to Change Your Phone Into A Rangefinder
i. SkyDroid Golf GPS
You will find this app on both iOS and Android. It will come in handy in pinpointing your location and monitoring your position on the golf course. It is an ideal option for amateurs, as most of them do not have the luxury of getting an app that is familiar with their playing style.
Besides getting you a detailed golf course map and even measuring distances, this app will help in tracking shot distances. Did you know that you could rely on it to keep your stats as well as scores? You will be sure of precise yardages and easier detection of hazards.
Interestingly, this app will hardly cost you much. Given its level of affordability, you will be confident of getting value for your money.
Caddieye is a rangefinder that comfortably works with your smartphone. Ideally, you will attach it to the back cover of your phone, and you will be good to go. It is an independent system that comes with its battery too. It will come in handy for those playing golf or any other relevant sport.
Based on regular distance meters, Caddieye utilizes a powerful laser pulse at all times. These optics will be essential in identifying the target without much hassle. Its reception optics include a filter that determines which wavelength to allow in. This device will measure up to 250 meters, and its battery can operate at least 300 measurements.
Remember, this rangefinder works in conjunction with the Caddieye mobile application. Once you buy the device, you will have to install the app too. This app works with both Android and iOS. This way, you will enjoy a seamless experience at the end of the day.
iii. Spike from IkeGPS
This app has become relatively popular in the recent past. We could attribute this to the numerous merits and capabilities, including AutoCAD, that it features. You could rely on it for measurements during sports and even hunting.
Usually, you will use this app alongside your camera. Whether you are using an android or iPhone, the effects will be the same. It will connect to your phone using Bluetooth technology. Once you take a photo using your camera, the device works in real-time to highlight the precise dimensions.
You will be free to manipulate this image to show minute details, including length, width, and height. However, the process of using this app seems a little tedious for most people.
Benefits of Using Your Phone As A Rangefinder
Various advantages come with using your phone in this pursuit. Understanding such benefits will be essential in ensuring that you make credible decisions in the long run. Some of the top benefits do include the following.
• Enhanced convenience. You will be free to use this rangefinder app wherever you are, and for whatever reason.
• Using your phone is more affordable. You will hardly need to worry about buying the rangefinder itself. As long as you have the app on your phone and any complementing device, you will be good to go.
• You will enjoy enhanced portability. This device fits in your pocket, and it will, therefore, give you an easier time when on the golf course.
In brief, it is possible to use phones as rangefinders. As long as you get reliable rangefinders, there will be no reason for you to worry. With the insights above, we are sure you will make credible decisions.
You May Also Need: