Golf has different rules for the use of rangefinder for different age groups. There are times when high school golfers can use rangefinders and times when they cannot do so. A rangefinder could in certain circumstances assist young golfers to improve their game yet also be able to play well when they are not able to use one. Rangefinders are useful for young golfers yet over-relying on their use for reasons explained below would not be sensible. Here is the guide for when high school golfers are able to use rangefinders when playing and when they cannot use one.
When Can High School Golfers Use Rangefinders?
Practice shot on courses
High school golfers can use a rangefinder when they are practicing their shots on courses. Rangefinders display to young golfers how far they have to hit shots or putt the golf ball into the next hole. There are no rules stopping a high school golfer using rangefinders practicing. In some respects, this is a good thing as it allows golfers to know the exact distances they need to hit the ball while on the course. Not only Can learn how far they need to hit the ball, but rangefinders can also be used to measure how far they hit the ball on each particular shot. Golfers could also use the data from rangefinders to work out how much further, or less far they can hit the same shot with the different golf clubs.
- Slope feature measures angle of incline/decline and automatically calculates slope adjusted distance
- 6x magnification; range 5-1000 yards with +/- 1 yard accuracy
- Pin acquisition technology (P.A.T.) quickly locks onto the pin from up to 300 yards away
- Exclusive BIRDIE feature delivers audible "chirp" to confirm distance acquisition to flagstick
- Scan functionality allows golfers to acquire distances to multiple targets at once
Match against others
High school golfers are able to use rangefinders in matches against each other. When high school golfers use rangefinders in competitive matches they can found out the distance from where the ball is to the hole, and then select the shot and the golf club that should take them closer to the next hole. Rangefinders will give them similar information about how far they have to hit the ball, and how far they actually hit it that an experienced caddy could provide them with. High school golfers may not have an experienced caddy available to tell them how far the golf ball needs to be hit, though rangefinders will measure how far the ball has been hit, and the distance to the hole from the last place that ball landed.
- PREMIUM LASER RANGEFINDER; The VPRO500 Golf Laser Rangefinder is a premium product, measuring up to 540 yards with continuous scan mode, advanced Pin-Seeker technology, and a durable rainproof body.
- ADVANCED PIN-SEEKER TECHNOLOGY; Provides fast measurement with +/- 1 yard accuracy, together with Pin-Seeker technology to accurately measure overlapping subjects, perfect for measuring golf flags, hazards and wooded areas.
- THROUGH THE LENS DISPLAY; Premium, ultra-clear, multi-layered optics with easy read, through the lens display with distance and low battery indicator, and continuous measurement mode for fast and convenient measurements.
- LIGHTWEIGHT, PORTABLE AND DURABLE; Measures just 4.09 x 2.83 x 1.61 inches and weighing just 6.52 oz with a rain resistant, durable body, perfect for carrying while golfing or hunting or for measuring and surveying without extra weight or bulk. High-quality 6x monocular lens with multi-layer coating for bright clear images.
- FULL PACKAGE; Complete rangefinder package for quick setup, including premium carrying pouch, CR2 battery, wrist strap, microfiber cleaning cloth, quick start guide, TecTecTec Happiness Guarantee for 2 Years (Online Registration Required) and Lifetime Customer Support. That's what we call a full package!
Improve overall handicap
Although high school golfers are able to use rangefinders in individual matches they are not allowed to use such devices in good tournaments. This puts high school golf tournaments in line with adult golf in, which rangefinders are not allowed for either matches or tournaments. Currently, using a rangefinder in high school golf tournaments would be considered cheating just as it is in adult golf in all competitions, whether matches or tournaments. Should any high school golfers be caught using a rangefinder in tournaments then they will be automatically disqualified just as they would be in an adult golf tournament. High school golfers that are serious about playing golf should consider being able to play without a rangefinder as they need to play well in tournaments to progress in terms of being able to win, and also in terms of improving their overall handicap.
Improve their techniques
Not being able to use a rangefinder in tournaments at any level should provide high school golfers with the incentive to use rangefinders to improve how they play the game, while at the same time using techniques that do not rely on such a device to play well in matches and tournaments. High school golfers will benefit when older players and experienced caddies are available to provide advice on playing techniques and how to judge distances with the naked eye instead of relying on a rangefinder to work it out for them. High school golfers should use rangefinders as a guide for improving their techniques when practicing, yet also know how to play when the use of these devices is not allowed. In many respects using a rangefinder can make a golfer rely on a piece of technology instead of being confident in their own skills as a golfer.
- - WIDE DIFFERENT APPLICATIONS for THIS SPECIAL TIME- Except an outstanding rangfinder for avid golfer, newbie golfer and hunting enthusiast like usual, and now it's also an excellent choice for home yard outdoor little game toy under this special timing. 6x Clear magnification makes it could be used for single-tube binoculars for kids. Great accuracy, mutiple and interesting functions let this rangefinder more valeable than ever.
- - GOGOGO SPORT GOLF/HUNTING RANGEFINDER - Come with 3 Modes, Normally Scan Mode, this mode can be used to range measurement of all items within the scope of application(5-650 Yard). Golf Mode, this mode design for golf sports specifically, pin-seek(150 Yard),flag-lock(300 Yard), JOLT Technology, Slope Distance Correction. Speed Modes, Measuring Range of Speed: 20-300km/h, this mode ideal for the hunting or other outdoor sports
- - EXCELLENT GOLF MODE - This Gogogo Sport newest GS03 Golf Rangefinder equipped with the most advanced golf rangefinder technology. Pin-seeking and flag-lock tech let you know the exact distance to swing. And when you lock to the target, pin, flag or anything else, the JOLT tech would vibrate to remind you, and the data will appear in front of your eyes.clearly. At least but not last, the very helpful Slope Distance Correction function, the SDC function would help you swing in the right distance
- - EASY TO USE - Fast and accurate measurement with 1 yard accuracy, one button meter and yard switching, on button mode switching. Only 184g nets weight, and portable small mini size: 106 x 40 x 71mm(L x W x H), very convenient to carry with strap and after-use storage with small waterproof pouch. Come with full packing: pouch, strap, clean cloth, operation manual
- - 100% RELIABLE AFTER-SERVICE - Gogogo Sport provides outstanding pre/after customer service, contact us if you got any questions, we will reply to you within 24 hours.As a brand seller, we’re full of confidence in our products, also we provide a one-year warranty.
For daily practice
Therefore high school golfers are allowed to use a rangefinder to practice and when playing in individual matches, yet they cannot use them in good tournaments. These rules are different from adult golfers who are not allowed to use a rangefinder at all. High school golfers are able to use a rangefinder yet they should also learn how to play golf without using one as these are not allowed in tournaments. Despite not being able to use a rangefinder in tournaments using one can still be useful for high school golfers in improving their techniques and becoming better players. Rangefinders can help golfers learn to judge distances better and when to use, which shots and the most suitable club for specific shots.
- The most cost-effective rangefinder you can find on the market to provide you everything you need for golfing, hunting, bowhunting and other professional application with reliable product quality and after sales service. Both models have slope function. The physical slope switch is for tournament legal.
- Provide high-precision distance measurement. Integrates latest functions such as continuous range readings, ARC (angle range compensation), Pin-Seeking and Flagpole-Locking Vibration (Vibrate when the flagpole is locked) and Speed Measuring
- Measuring range from 5 to 650 yards, with +/- 1m high accuracy and 6x magnification. The flagpole locking function support a distance up to 150 yards (Flagpole only) and 250 yards (Aim the flag when it's unfolded). Our rangfinder can meet most user’s needs
- Fully multicoated optic lens effectively reduces reflected light and increases the transmission of light giving you a brighter clear image. The diopter is adjustable for precise focus on display
- We Gogogo Sport are confident with our product and will provide a 1-year warranty. If you meet any quality issue with our product, we’ll directly send a new one or a full refund is optional.